WHAT IS THE GOVERNMENT BLOCKCHAIN ASSOCIATION
The Government Blockchain Association (GBA) is a membership organization that consists of individuals and organizations that are interested in promoting blockchain related solutions to government requirements. Any individual may join.
IMPORTANT UPDATE FOR GBA: The current trajectory of about seven hundred members suggests that we’ll be at one thousand very soon!
GBA creates relationships that would otherwise not come about – between and among technologists, public policy makers, application specialists and those who simply need to understand the new and emerging digital currencies that will change the world. GBA will act as a catalyst in creating a public dialog around the creative, profitable and positive leveraging of blockchain.
What We Do
GBA connects people and organizations with blockchain based solutions to problems typically faced by government entities.
- The Government Blockchain Association brings together governments (at all levels) with industry, in order to create helpful dialog that will facilitate the efficient, ethical and rational adoption of blockchain technology so that this powerful innovation increases the quality of life for citizens across the world.
- We conduct and promote networking, training and educational events
- Publish and support the creation of content to help members understand and communicate important blockchain related information.
We understand that any global advocacy association will need to reflect viewpoints and positions from many varied perspectives. Yet, technology like any inanimate object, is neutral with regard to human motivations. Therefore, the following tenants will guide GBA leadership and its members as we engage public policy makers, influencers and citizens at large:
- Technology is a resource that can and should be used for good, on behalf of citizens across the world.
- The resultant uses of technology such as blockchain and related innovations should be to improve quality of life of citizens.
- Governments, civil servants and laws are instituted by citizens and nations to serve and protect, not to suppress or hinder the free and positive pursuits of the governed.
- The inalienable rights and dignity enjoyed by citizens shall not be unduly suppressed by the authority of governments as they carry out their mandated roles and responsibilities.
- GBA will only pursue goals that serve to form a more perfect union between and among governments and the citizens they serve, establish justice, insure domestic tranquility, provide for the common defense of citizen’s rights and welfare and secure the blessings of liberty in a free society.
Founder and President
Gerard has over 20 years experience leading military and commercial organizations. He travels globally, consulting with and assessing government contractors to help them become more efficient and reliable.
Gerard is a CMMI High Maturity Lead Appraiser with experience leading over one hundred assessment teams in virtually every industry related to government contracting. He helped the first organization in the USA become an ISO-9000 registrar and has been involved in hundreds of ISO certifications.
Gerard has organized numerous blockchain related events on topics including records management, intellectual property and blockchain application development.
Dan has over three decades of experience and success in serving government organizations by bringing together high technology with the unique requirements of US federal government agencies.
He began his career in telecommunications just after the US Department of Justice handed down the modiﬁed ﬁnal judgement (MFJ) in 1984, which caused the breakup of AT&T’s monopoly on American telecommunications.
From complex telecom to enterprise management software, he has served federal military organizations that required technology refresh and automation. This led to helping satisfy civilian technology requirements ranging from high performance computing, computer aided design (CAD) technologies, cybersecurity, product life cycle management (PLM) software as well as engineering services.
Dan authored “Cracking The Code: The Professional Salesperson’s Guide to Penetrating the Intelligence Community;” he resides in the Washington DC suburbs.